4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 10:20 AM by mikebeargie

Print Report with multiple records on each page

ShawnMiller

Hello all!

Intro: Through my new employer I have been studying in FileMaker development for three months now. I have a fair grasp of the groundwork of Filemaker.  However, I am only just learning SQL and scripting. I have been creating a report of Revenue by Customer.  The users wanted to be able to conduct a "find" in our customers layout and then switch the layout to my report layout to display the found set in a listed form with refined details about each customer. Everything has gone smooth-ish so far. I used the field/control tool to display the requested data from the fields within the table. It created a very simple script to allow users to click a button and print or save as PDF.

Problem: On screen it looks as desired at first. Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 1.47.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-22 at 1.48.16 PM.png

But once it is viewed in "preview" or the user clicks to export as PDF or tries to print, It then only displays one record per line.

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 1.49.07 PM.png

I've tried comparing it to other functional reports created by those before me. But I can see no difference in scripts or what have you. Im in dire need of a solution, as a result of this error my high up printed 450 pages of a report that fit in 5 pages on screen.

Additional Information:

-- We host our database off of FMS13

-- We run on FMP14

-- Everything is Mac

-- I've tried playing with the print setting in the layout setting.

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 2.49.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-06-22 at 3.00.35 PM.png