AnsweredAssumed Answered

Customer record with multiple addresses/locations?

Question asked by katatak on Jun 23, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 by StephenWonfor

Gettings All,

I'm having difficulty getting some of my customer files to work properly with the invoice files. I am not new to Filemaker, but I am new to this version. I've actually not used it much in the last 5 years, so obviously a lot has changed with the program since then.

Here is my issue... I am using the starter solutions for my customer info and invoices. I'm an interior decorator and bill my clients both for time and items purchased. The problem I'm having is that I have some customers who have more than one home.

For instance, I have a customer who has 3 homes. One is their primary residence, the other two are rental homes. Decorating work needs to be done in all three locations. One house could need $1000 of work, another $3000, and the last one $500. So on the customer details page I set up a new field called Sub Division. This is so I can see at a glance the rough location of the property I'll be working in. But now I'm trying to figure out how to bill that customer (who has the same billing address regardless of the property location) for the correct location. I have the customer record with all of their contact info, but still need to show which property location is getting the work done based on the Sub Division. This way when I create an invoice (which pulls the info from the customer details page), I can choose which location the invoices is for.

I hope this all made sense. Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks!

Kat

Outcomes