5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2016 9:58 PM by CarstenLevin

I have filemaker server_sample on my computer.

billyboyo2004

i wish to connect my iPad to a file hosted on the computer via GO but all I find now is the filemaker server_sample. How can I get rid of it so i can use my iPad.

• 1. Re: I have filemaker server_sample on my computer.
          steveromig

i wish to connect my iPad to a file hosted on the computer via GO but all I find now is the filemaker server_sample. How can I get rid of it so i can use my iPad.

The FileMaker Server sample file is just that - a sample file.  It is there, among other reasons, so you can test your connection with FileMaker Server to your various FileMaker clients.  If you can see the sample file from your copy of FileMaker Go, then FileMaker Server is working as it should.

You can close the sample file from the FileMaker Server Admin Console.  Whether you do or you do not, it has no impact on you hosting and sharing other FileMaker solutions on FileMaker Server.  Simply upload whatever files you want FileMaker Server to host using FileMaker Pro and they too will show up just like the FileMaker Server sample file.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: I have filemaker server_sample on my computer.
            billyboyo2004

Thanks Steve

I am new to fmserver how do i upload files. I don't seem to see a simple way

• 3. Re: I have filemaker server_sample on my computer.
              RickWhitelaw

Explore the menus in FMP. I seem to remember it's under the file menu. Whatever. It's there and there's always fm help.

• 4. Re: I have filemaker server_sample on my computer.
                alquimby

The Getting Started Guide, Chapter 5, may help you.

• 5. Re: I have filemaker server_sample on my computer.
                  CarstenLevin

Hi Billy,

Assuming that it is FileMaker 14 or 15 you are using (is it Mac or PC?) you should do like this:

File Menu->Sharing->Upload to FileMaker Server

uploadserver.png

If you are using older versions you will have to have full access to the server admin console to do this. And then use the function in the admin console to upload and set the correct placement etc. for the file.

In any case you will need credentials with administrative rights to the server to do this.

I have some extra advice regarding your hosting and I am sure that many other have as well, but before I would like to know:

• FileMaker version (server and client)
                  • OS and version (server and client)
                  • How much do you know about securing FileMaker solutions?

Best regards

Carsten