5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 8:57 AM by TSGal

PDF shows blank pages in Acrobat

peterbouma

FileMaker Pro 14.0.6 on Windows (32-bit)

When generating multi-page PDFs from FMPro, these PDFs show blank pages after page 1, when opened in Adobe Acrobat

Seen in the latest Acrobat Reader, both on Mac (Acrobat Reader DC version 2015.016.20039) and Windows, and in Acrobat Pro on Mac.

When opened in Preview on Mac, these documents appear OK (i.e. with text and images on subsequent pages). Also, Acrobat seems to alter these documents when opening them (silently deleting erroneous parts?), because when the user closes the PDF they get a dialog for saving changes, even without touching the PDF at all (apart from opening it). This saving dialog doesn't occur in Preview.

In general, these PDFs are generated by a few 'Append To PDF' script steps, collecting data from different contexts/layouts, and mostly a few pages long (estimates, quotes, invoices). Until the update to 14.0.6, last weekend, this worked well.

I haven't had the opportunity to test extensively with other platforms/versions (especially 15).

Since we suspected the new PDF engine introduced in 14.0.6 might be causing this problem, we went back to 14.0.5 (14.0.4 with update to 14.0.5). This fixed the issue.

If it's helpful, I can send you one of the affected PDFs.

Regards,

Peter Bouma

Lesterius Netherlands