3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 9:34 AM by brsamuel

Replicating sort in a portal?

Annette

I'm going to apologise right away, because thats a terrible thread name and I hope I don't make this question more confusing than it needs be, I'm just not sure how to explain what I'm trying to accomplish, I will do my best. 

I have a table called Clinics which has fields for Date, time, doctor, and location among a load of others.

I have a layout based on another table (Menu) which also has a whole list of fields on it.

I have a relationship for these two tables based on Doctor, Location and Date.  On the Menu layout of I have global fields for these three fields, there is a portal for Clinics which brings up the corresponding records that match that relationship when the global fields are filled in,.  All works well.

What I'm trying to do is on the menu layout, show a list of the dates in the Clinics table (through another relationship based on Doctor and Location).  But as there can be multiple records with the same date, I only want to show the date once.  I thought I wanted to do another table occurance of the Clinics table based on that particular relationship, but I'm just not sure how to get it to show a date only once instead of every record.  Nearly as if it was sort by date in a find.

Any way around this?  Am I just overcomplicating it?