Thank you for your post.
Using your "PDF Test.fmp12" file, I am unable to replicate the issue. Here are the steps I took:
1. I loaded the "PDF Test.fmp12" file onto a Windows 7 computer and a Mac OS X 10.11.5 computer.
2. On the Windows 7 machine, I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1 and opened PDF Test file.
3. From the File menu, I selected Save/Send Records As -> PDF...
4. I named the file 15.pdf and saved it to the Desktop.
5. I double-clicked the resulting 15.pdf file and it opened under Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
6. With the file open, I pulled down the File menu and selected Print...
7. I selected the HP LaserJet printer (M3035) on the network and clicked Print. The document printed.
8. I followed steps 2-7 using the Mac. The document printed.
Currently, I don't have access to a Windows 8.1 machine.
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
Try changing the font of your Text field to something other than Arial and then print. Does this work?
Your test is pretty much what I am doing. I have tried creating pdfs in 14.0.6 and 15 using a variety of fonts. Still will not print.
I am on Windows 8.1, this may make a difference?
The crucial thing is, opening the same FM file with a FileMaker version prior to 14.0.6 and creating a pdf results in a pdf which will print. Surely therefore, the issue is with the changed Filemaker PDF Engine?
I just tested your file on a Windows 8.1 machine, using the steps outlined above, and your file prints fine.
The PDF engine introduced in FileMaker Pro 14.0.6 and FileMaker Pro 15 is very sensitive to fonts. Since PDFs can download and embed specific fonts, your font folder or Arial font may not be recognized properly by the next PDF engine. Therefore, as mentioned in my previous posting, duplicate the existing layout, and in the new duplicated layout, change the field font setting from Arial to a different font and try again. Does the issue still occur?
Development and Testing would like to see a copy of the PDF file created with FileMaker Pro 14.0.5, and the same PDF file created with FileMaker Pro 14.0.6/15. I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send those files.
Why would FM introduce a fundamental PDF change in a point release of version 14 (14.0.6) instead of just keeping things stable? Rhetorical question.
We're having to go back to using 14.0.5 because of this PDF bug and now FM is going to have to release a 14.0.7.
yikes, got to change the theme over every print layout. dream!