dan.toadllc

FIAS/IPv6 issue

Discussion created by dan.toadllc on Jun 28, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 by bigtom

I am trying to get a FileMaker app (built with FileMaker iOS App SDK) into the AppStore and the only rejection issue is this:

Apps are reviewed on an IPv6 network. Please ensure that your app supports IPv6 networks, as IPv6 compatibility is required.

For additional information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer to Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and About Networking.

I have narrowed down the failure to a single line of code. But there's seemingly nothing I can tweak to fix it.

The line is using the Insert From URL script step...and I have confirmed that we are passing it an IPV6-only URL.

I cannot post the entire URL since it has private info regarding my app.

But the URL is using HTTPS and it's hitting a web-service hosting on AWS-EC2 behind ELB with IPV6.

When I compile and run the app in the iPhone simulator in Xcode it works great.

But once I deploy it to my iPhone, it fails with a 1631 Connection failed error.

I've confirmed that my iPhone supports ipv6 by going to ipv6-test.com

I understand why Apple is requiring new apps to support an IPV6-only network.

Has anyone else run into this? I am happy to work with anyone that can assist to debug this further.

I just called FileMaker support...but they said it might take a few days to get any response...and there's no guarantee.

Outcomes