Another great product from you. Thank you. I used L6XK736TJPMX.
Thanks so much, Alexey. Great work.
I used NN49J7PFHFTT.
Looks really neat. Thanks Alexey. I used P4HNPEJHRLTY
Presumably this just uses the hardware in the device??
I have acustomer who is finding that the internal GPS calculation is not accurate enough, does this improve on the FileMaker technique, or do you have any suggestions for linking external GPS devices to phone/ipad?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Yes, it uses the internal iOS location service. And I think, that it quite accurate.
However, any external GPS devices should be more precise. Sorry, but I don't have any experience with an external GPS hardware.
I just sent you a redeem code for TrackFM, you could test if it fit your client needs.
This is interesting.
Question: Since you specify that this doesn't affect battery life, does using FileMaker on iOS to get location data have a bigger impact on battery life?
karstyn, It depends on the frequency of your location requests. You could read location once per day or lets say each 30 sec.
Now I have a TrackFM plug-in for FileMaker iOS App SDK apps with the same functions, but it works inside one FIAS app. And It still track the location, when app is in the background mode or even not running.
I have made an Android version of this but it just posts to my database.
Does anyone want me to add a little config page in the app so it posts to their data to their server?
- It uses the PHP API
- It posts data on a regular interval (5 minutes) but my test device gets 2 days battery before going flat (also little impact on battery), I think Android caches location
- It doesn't keep offline data for re-post when connected.
If anyone is interested then let me know and I'll add a config page to the Android app and post it on the store.
I can also add other config options if you want while I'm editing it.
The app has been in use for quite a while and is reliable, there have been no crashes.
We sell a vertical market solution that uses TrackFM for iOS and are looking for a solution for our Android users. Let me know when we can get our hands on it.
Okay I'll do it soon, PM me if you have specific requirements.
Android tracking is here!!
The app will send a GPS point every 5 minutes as long as the phone is turned on and the app is installed. The app will not stop tracking by closing the app, uninstalling the app will stop tracking.
Tracking locations will go directly to your FileMaker server.
The instructions are on the play store listing.
1) Ensure that "Enable PHP publishing" is turned on for your FileMaker server.
2) Download the GPS location receiver file from here and upload to your FileMaker Server ( admin username GPS, password GPS): https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/schwarzsoftfms/FMAndroidGPSReceiver.fmp12
3) Install this app to a mobile and enter the FileMaker server url into the app.
Please give me any feedback!