AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship no longer working

Question asked by WilliamDuncan on Jun 29, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 by PeterDoern

I'm using FileMaker Pro 15.0.1.119 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.11.5. I have a pretty vanilla system with hardly any non-standard software installed.

I have 2 databases that I use to generate exams for a certification program I help operate for my professional society. One is for multiple-choice (MC) questions, and the other is for short-essay (SE) questions.

Earlier this week, I added a "change control" (CC) table to both files, and successfully linked it to the question record using "question number." I did the MC file first and tested it: I used the portal tool to place a CC portal on the main question maintenance layout. Afterwards, I was able to add new changes through the portal, perform a find through the portal (for example, to find all questions that had been changed on a particular date).

I made the same changes to the SE file and tested it as well. All good.

Today, I went back to the MC file, and when I try to find through the CC portal, I get the following message:

"This operation cannot be performed because one or more of the relationships between these tables are invalid."

The SE database works fine.

On the main question maintenance layout, the portal shows the proper CC records.

The only thing I can think of that I did differently on the MC file was that I accidentally deleted a question by deleting a CC record.

So far, I've tried the following to fix the problem:

• Deleted the relationship and reestablished it.
  • Deleted all the records and re-loaded them.
  • Deleted the table, re-created it, re-established the relationship, reloaded the records.

HELP!

Outcomes