2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 3:47 PM by hschlossberg

Incorrect Window Focus after Performing Find

hschlossberg

FM15, Windows 7.

1) Open Script Workspace with a script showing

2) Perform a manual find

3) whether or not any records were found, the focus after the successful find or after the 'records not found' dialog is on the Scripting window instead of the DB/layout window.

4) Without noticing that the focus has switched, do CTRL-R for a Refind.

RESULT: If the wrong script is there, you've inadvertantly just sent out 300 emails to unsuspecting of your customer's vendors, since CTRL-R on a script will run that script.  Head slap.

• 1. Re: Incorrect Window Focus after Performing Find
          TSGal

schlossberg:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue with FileMaker Pro 15.0.1 under both Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.11.5.  Here are my specific steps:

1. I created a new database file "Test.fmp12".

2. I created a Text field "Name".

3. I added one record and entered "TSGal".

4. I activated Script Workspace and created a script "Test" with the script step:

Show Custom Dialog [ "Test" ; "Test" ]

5. I saved the script and executed it to make sure it works (it does).

6. I switch back to the database and searched for "TSGal".  The record is found.

7. I press Ctrl-R, and I'm back in Find mode.

8. I changed the find criteria to "hschlossberg", pressed return, and I get the expected "No records match this find criteria" dialog.  I cancel out, press Ctrl-R, and I'm back in Find mode.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

Do you have any custom menus active?  Do you have any plug-ins installed/enabled?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Incorrect Window Focus after Performing Find
            hschlossberg

Argh.  I couldn't shake it yesterday on a couple different files, but I didn't try a restart.  Today I can't replicate it, but the only reason I reported it yesterday was that it has been happening a lot lately.  CTRL-R was an example, but (when the problem happens), similar happens after a find with CTRL-up and CTRL-down (moving script steps around instead of navigating records).

I'll continue to monitor for it and next time check things like custom menus, other windows that are open, other files, etc.

Howard