I have come across insert Pdf bug in Fm 15 Pro advance.
In Inspector --- Data formatting -- All icons are grey ans specially insert pdf is grey while intaractive contents are checked
I would assume that you're running on Windows. Unless further information, any hint would be a shot in the dark .
Product and version:
OS and version:
How to replicate:
Thanks Friend for your reply,
Here is what you have ask
Product and version: FM Pro Advanced
OS and version: Windows 10 X 64
Description: While inserting pdf file in File | Container field the insert pdf option is grey while intractive contents option is checked.
Workaround: Indian Region
Product and version: FM Pro Advanced 15
I have the same issue, using Mac 10.1, FM pro 15, can't attach a pdf file, the option is gray... Haven't found a workaround this issue
Thank you for your posts.
Does this issue occur with all files or just a particular file? That is, create a new database file with a Container field, format the field for interactive content, and then go to Browse, add a record, and see if you are able to insert a PDF.
If the issue still occurs, what PDF viewer do you have installed?
Thank you for your post.
Does this issue occur with a specific file? Is the Container field formatted for interactive content? Do you have any plug-ins installed? Are you using custom menus?
Thanks for your reply,
Yes this issue occures with all applications. Even though in Starter solutons application in file| container field the same issue occurs. I am using Adobe Acrobat 11. In previous version FM 14 it works no any issue. This issue just occuring in FM 15 .
Here are the steps I followed:
1. On a new Windows 10 64-bit machine, I installed FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.
2. I created a database file with a Container field and set it for Interactive content.
3. I added one record, put my cursor in the Container field, and as expected, Insert -> PDF... was grayed out.
4. I then exited FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.
5. I went to the Adobe web site, and I downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
6. Once installed, I relaunched FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 and opened the database file.
7. I put my cursor in the Container field, and Insert -> PDF... is now accessible.
From your description, it appears your Adobe installation did not successfully complete. Therefore, I would go to www.adobe.com, and click Acrobat Reader DC in the lower right corner, download and install Acrobat Reader DC.
I have tried the Adobe reader option with no luck, how do I set the container to be interactive?
Do not know how to do it
Thanks again TSGal
Sent from my iPhone
1. Go into Layout mode.
2. Click on the Container field to select it.
3. If the Inspector is not showing, pull down the View menu and select Inspector.
4. Click the far right icon (Data). At the very bottom, under "Data Formatting", Optimize for Interactive content.
5. Save the Layout and return to Browse mode.
6. Click inside the Container field, pull down the Insert menu and PDF... should be available.
Thank you very much That did it its working now
Can I have another container that contains only text to scroll down ?
Thank you again
Retrieving data ...