4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 1:40 PM by keycrew

Script: View records dated one day after currently viewed records

keycrew

I have been trying to write a script that allows one to modify a found set of records, (ie a list of records on a certain date), to show records on the next calendar date (advance one date). So I can 'view the same layout with tomorrows records.

Then a separate (but similar?) script to show ALL records after 'today's date, (every record into the future).

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how to do this. I've been working with 'GetField (Main Base::Date) + 1' for the 'advance to next date' script, but cannot get it to work. It seems like it should be simple. Am I over thinking this? Any clues for me?

Thanks

M

• 1. Re: Script: View records dated one day after currently viewed records
          siplus

you need a global field of type date, let's call it gReferenceDate. Put it on your layout and attach a onModify script to it. The script will do a search for your records with that date.

Create 2 buttons, one with + and one with ++ on it.

The + one will increment gReferenceDate with 1 and call the find script.

The ++ one will leave gReferenceDate as it is but will call a different script, one that finds records with date > gReferenceDate.

The 2 scripts can be combined in one and have a parameter defining the kind of find that the script is expected to perform.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Script: View records dated one day after currently viewed records
            keycrew

Thank you for your speedy response. I intuitively understand what you're suggesting (very clever by the way), and have begun to implement it. I feel however, that I'm missing certain elements of this procedure.

1) you need a global field of type date, let's call it gReferenceDate. Put it on your layout (done and done)

2) attach a onModify script to it. (done)

3) The script will do a search for your records with that date. <-- I'm having trouble with this. How is the date entered into this field (manually)? Can I have this field auto filled with the date of the currently viewed records?         

4) Create 2 buttons, one with + and one with ++ on it. (done)

5) The + one will increment gReferenceDate with 1 and call the find script. (this is using another script, right?)

6) The ++ one will leave gReferenceDate as it is but will call a different script, one that finds records with date > gReferenceDate.

The 2 scripts can be combined in one and have a parameter defining the kind of find that the script is expected to perform.

• 4. Re: Script: View records dated one day after currently viewed records
              keycrew

Incredible! Thank you so much!