AnsweredAssumed Answered

Relationship Graphs in Data Separation Model

Question asked by RussW on Jun 30, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2016 by RussW

I'm a moderately experienced FMP coder but very new to using FMP Server let alone a remote server halfway across the country.

My code has been working flawlessly for a couple years. Ever since I moved the data to a hosting service, I've had inconsistent behavior with the application (UI) side locking up, crashing, finding errors where there never were any (e.g. Data Field is no modifiable when it is).

It occurred to me that when I first converted the solution from a single file to the data separation model, I never deleted all of the relationships in the graph in the data file. It never seemed to matter. But I'm wondering if that could be the cause of my problems now. Are the two conflicting?

I'm hesitant to just erase the entire graph in the data file without some confirmation from someone who knows more than me. I have no calculation fields in any TO that require a relationship to another TO. As far as I know, that would be the only reason to keep the relationships in the data file.

My basic question is really: Can the two relationship graphs cause confusion when the "logic" is trying to come up with a result?

Outcomes