2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 1:14 PM by ryan_csbco

Container Fields Not Printing

ryan_csbco

Hi All,

I've been a software developer for 4 years and been using filemaker as our database management system for 2 years.  I've used this community many times, but never posted. 

Anyway, I've set up a certificate management system for our technicians to use.  The only problem I see is that I can't get containers to print.  I have two container fields on the "print" layout.  Both containers are "optimized for images" and "Hide when printing" is not selected.  One container is for a QR code that's used for quick lookup, and a second for the technician's signature.  The QR code I have inserted from a script using the step "Insert from URL".  The signature is an unstored calculation field with the calculation result as a container.  The calculation is a SQL select of the base64 string from a signature container on another table (related to the tech's name).

When printing on a Mac or PC both containers print properly, giving a document that looks like this.

correct_cert.png

But when printing from an iPad the document comes back like this with no QR code and no signature.

incorrect_cert.png

However this isn't an issue with the iPad not displaying the container contents at all, this is what the print layout looks like inside Filemaker Go 15.

IMG_0043.jpg

This seems like very strange behavior.  Anyone know what's going on here and how I can resolve this?

-Ryan McKinney