1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 2:04 PM by mikebeargie

Some screens/pages get "mirrored" randomly when saved or printed, any ideas?

nparent

Hello. We are using a FM platform being built for us by a developer and a very weird issue has arisen.

We are running FM Pro 14.0.4, which I host off of my computer and share out with four co-workers on our internal network as we are still beta testing this. I am hosting off of an I-Mac running 10.10.4.

Within the last week or two, randomly some of our invoice/order sheets we print/save as pdf will be "mirrored". All of the text and images are perfectly flipped horizontally, as if someone clicked "mirror" in photoshop.

This doesn't happen all the time, in fact it seems to happen very sporadically. These images always look fine on the computer screen even in the printer preview screen, it is only once the order is printed (or the pdf that was saved is opened) that we realize the image was mirrored. To make it even more unusual, if we close out the order and re-open it is usually just fine, and will print/save the proper way. Also as a note, this has happened to several of my co-workers on their macs as well, so I know it's not just my computer.

I have mentioned this to our developer, and because it is such a random issue we can't debug it yet. I honestly can't re-create it intentionally, so that isn't helping. I just was wondering if anyone else here may have seen this issue, and can point me in the right direction as to whether this is an FM issue, or if it's some sort of printer driver/adobe setting.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• 1. Re: Some screens/pages get "mirrored" randomly when saved or printed, any ideas?
          mikebeargie

First off, update so you're on the latest version of 14. 14.0v6 is the latest version and they made a change to the engine that interacts with PDF format.

To me though, your symptom sounds like it's a problem with your printer settings, as the system printer dialog is the only place I know of that has a "flip horizontal" option, and filemaker doesn't usually have control over those options.

Although if you did want to check in filemaker, it would be any "print setup" or "print" script steps that you would be looking for.