AnsweredAssumed Answered

Window Won't Close & Layout Mode Errors

Question asked by sastickf on Jul 5, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 by sastickf

Product and version: FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1.119

OS and version: Mac 10.10.5

Browser and version: N/A, not WebDirect

Hardware: MacBook Pro with Retina

Description: I was working to change the appearance of edit box fields to add/remove the corner rounding.  When I clicked on the field, the type of the object remained as "Layout Background" and it never recognized the fields as edit boxes.  I then noticed that the mode still said "Browse" even though I was in Layout mode.  I tried to change to browse mode & back to layout several times and it continued to say that I was in the "Browse" mode, even though I wasn't.  Also, when I tried to close any of the open windows with the red button, there was no response, and the "Quit FileMaker" menu command was greyed and unavailable, so I had to force quit & revert to my most recent file backup. Thankfully I had made one about 20 minutes previously.

How to replicate: After losing work several times in FM 12 due to a similar issue, I have not tried to replicate it and have reverted back to working in FM 14.  I am still reaping the consequences of files that were damaged in FM12 and don't want to go through that again.  I'm surprised that no one else has reported a similar situation yet... or have they TSGalJ?  (I saved a copy of the files that I had to force quit and were abandoned.)

Workaround (if any): Revert back to FileMaker Pro Advanced 14

Outcomes