2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2016 3:47 PM by aeoa

Can I change what layouts each user can see in the layout menu based on their user name?

aeoa

I need to change which layouts are viewable in the layouts menu depending on the user logged in.  I thought this would be obvious to do, but I do not see how to change layouts according to user log in.

Ideally I'd like to hide the complete layout menu from some users, but I don't see how that's done either.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Can I change what layouts each user can see in the layout menu based on their user name?
          bigtom

Custom Menus and Privilege Sets should work for you.

• 2. Re: Can I change what layouts each user can see in the layout menu based on their user name?
            aeoa

I need to clarify.  I looked into Privilege Sets.  I want the users to be able to get to the layout but only through the use of a scripted button I created (based on the value of a drop down menu).  I don't want the field staff users to be able to navigate to a particular layout by selecting it in the layout menu, however I want the layouts available for managers to navidate to.  If I use privilege sets and set the layouts to "no access" when the field staff click on the scripted button it will take them to the approriate layout (based on the value of the drop down menu field), but they will see "no access".  I want them to enter data on the layout, but not navigate through the layout menu...only the scripted button.

I'm looking at custom menus, but I don't see how that will help either.

I thought maybe there was a security setting that I'm missing that defines which users see what layouts in the layout menu.  For example:  if user is "field staff 1" they can see only layouts 1 and 2 in the layout menu.  If user is "manager 1" they can see layouts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 in the layout menu.  However "field staff 1" have access to enter data on layouts 3, 4, and 5 but only navigating to it through a scripted button.