This is a similar problem to other entries...
…but maybe throws some new light on the problem.
We have just updated to FMP15 and have also come across the temp-file problem.
For us it occurs in the following situation:
- We installed FileMaker 15
- We duplicated the FileMaker Pro Advanced.app file within the "Applications/FileMaker Pro Advanced 15” folder:
- We opened a hosted data base using the FileMaker Pro Advanced.app file
- We opened the SAME hosted data base using the FileMaker Pro Advanced Copy.app file
- The error message appears immediately, even before the login dialog appears, which makes me think it has maybe nothing to do with “back references"
(Note: Our FBA/Platinum license allows this multiple use of the filemaker client)
It is interesting to note that if you duplicate the FileMaker FOLDER instead of the app the error DOES NOT occur:
Its seems that FileMaker 15 has changed the calculation of the path for internal temporary files, such that different instances of the app WITHIN THE SAME PROGRAMME FOLDER resolve to the same temporary file path, thus causing the clash of paths.
I hope this helps resolve the problem.