1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2016 10:18 AM by TSGal

    FileMaker WebDirect Display Wrong Language Setting

    david_lalonde@d-cogit.ca

      Product and version (e.g. FileMaker Pro 14.0.3)

      Solution developed in FileMaker Pro Advanced 15

      Solution hosted on FileMaker Server 15

      Solution used in FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 and WebDirect

       

      OS and version

      Development done on Mac OS 10.11

      FileMaker Server installed on Windows Server 2012 R2

      WebDirect used in mixed Mac and Windows environments

      Issue confirmed in Safari on Mac OS 10.10 and 10.11 and Chrome on Mac OS 10.10 and 10.11.

       

      Browser and version (for WebDirect only)

      Issue confirmed in Safari on Mac OS 10.10 and 10.11 and Chrome on Mac OS 10.10 and 10.11.

      Issue not confirmed as present or not present on Windows.

       

      Description

      Dates show in French on WebDirect on English browsers. All date fields, regardless of date display settings, display French language. File was created initially in French, then cloned in English. File shows as English in FMDiff. Dates display in English in FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 in English OS. Server's WebDirect language setting is set to English.

       

      How to replicate

      ? - No steps to replicate. It just is.

       

      Workaround (if any)

      None

        • 1. Re: FileMaker WebDirect Display Wrong Language Setting
          TSGal

          david_lalonde:

           

          Thank you for your post.

           

          I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done.

           

          1. Using a Mac OS X 10.11.5 iMac, I went into System Preferences and changed my Language and Region to Francais and France, respectively.

          2. I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1, and all menus appear in French.

          3. I created a new solution named 1z.fmp12 with a text field "Name" and a Date field "Date".

          4. I entered one record with the data Name="TSGal" and Date=25/12/2016.

          5. I quit FileMaker Pro.

          6. In System Preferences, I changed Language and Region back to English and United States.

          7. I opened 1z.fmp12 with FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1, and the data appears as "TSGal" and 12/25/2016.

          8. I saved a clone of the file with the name "1z Clone.fmp12".

          9. I set the Admin password to "admin"

          10. I set the file for network sharing and configured for WebDirect.

          11. I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 15 on both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Mac OS X 10.11.5.

          12. On the Mac OS X 10.11.5 machine, I launched Safari 9.1.1 and opened the file via WebDirect.

          13. I created a new record and entered Name="TSGal" and Date=12/25/2016.

          14. I launched Chrome 51, and opened the file via WebDirect.  Date still appears as 12/25/2016.

          15. I entered another record with values Name="TSGal" and Date=25/12/2016, and I got the error message that the value must be a valid date.

          Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 10.16.26 AM.png

           

          Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

           

          TSGal

          FileMaker, Inc.