12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2016 10:22 AM by JeffHough

SSL certificate... What am I doing wrong?

fperez

I bought an SSL certificate from thawte and installed on my FM15 server following the steps on this video

FileMaker 14 Videos | FileMaker SSL Certificate Network Encryption Security - YouTube

Under FMS15 console/Database Server/Security tab it shows the following message "Information: The custom SSL certificate installed on this server originated from a certificate authority supported by FileMaker."

So, it is almost as if everything went well but when logging in from ANY device, or using webdirect I get a legend stating that there is something wrong.

Example: "Filemaker Pro cannot verify the identity of "24.227.58.98"" (see attachment).

I use bluehost.com to host our website and the domain name is also there. I then went and added a subdomain and it redirects to our company's ip address.

What am I doing wrong?

Is this something that needs to be modified on bluehost? my server? FMS?

Please help me!! If you need more information from me please ask any questions. I need help soon!

In the meantime I told all my coworkers to follow the instructions of how to avoid the message (image attached) but I need a real solution.

Thanks,

Fern