Do you open it up in a new window? WebDirect is a one window solution.
No, everything is working in a single window.
Have you checked your script for incompatible script steps?
Any triggers anywhere that get fired inadvertently in that scripted process? (onRecordLoad, onLayout,...)
No script conflicts. It's actually a very basic script...
Set Variable (to save the field value to find the corresponding record)
Go to Layout
The Layout I'm going to has plenty of records and it just narrows to the record(s) who match the Variable.
This has worked on FM Go, FMP and everything...up until I tried to run on my web browser.
Just figured it's a glitch...and yeah, thought about the script and there being a conflict since it was area that didn't work. Just weird how it's stating there are no records when there ARE.
Are there records on the layouts (both of them) before the Find is executed?
Sorry, I should have said. Yeah, there are records before the Find. I went to the layout, made sure it showed all records (i.e. reset the sort and find) and then went and hit the button (for the script) and still produced error.
Probably 1 out of every 9 attempts I received no error (on web direct) but there was no rhyme or reason to when it appears...
Any Script Triggers on any layouts?
No, none on the original layout nor the destination layout.
Post the script. Maybe we can identify something there.
Set Variable [ $CaseNumber ; Value: IA_Awards_By_Arbitrator Link::Case_Number]
Go to Layout [ "iPad IA Award Display" (iPad Award Display) ]
Perform Find [ Restore ]
FYI...Restore = Find Records and Criteria is iPad IA Award Display::Case_Number: [==$CaseNumber]
Like I said before, just a simple...select a person (arbitrator), a portal lists the related cases for the selected Arbitrator, click on the record (case) and that click triggers the script above, bringing you to the new layout that gives details of the case that they clicked on in the portal on the original layout.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
No, I meant the entire chain. The error you have there is when someone (including a script) attempts to enter a field when no records are in the found set. Something is triggering that error message.
You could also put in Show Custom Dialog steps at various points to see exactly when the error occurs. (Can’t debug on WebDirect, so this is the next best thing.)
Ok, so I was so caught up in the error reporting no record found in my destination layout that I ignored the fact that I was using a generic "main menu" layout with zero records in my original layout. Mike, you helped me because I used the Show Custom Dialog to pinpoint the timing...then used the Pause script to give me a 10 second delay to confirm where the error was showing..and it was showing before any code...I looked up and saw 0 of 0 records for that layout....fixed, done....working as intended.
So (A) thank you all because you helped me and (B) boy do I feel sheepish!!!
I’ve imitated a sheep on many occasions …
Glad it’s working.