2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2016 3:19 AM by bigtom

Logging Clicks

lukeingram

Hi,

I have an event log that captures details when my staff click a "checkbox" for a step in a project.

A have a major bug tho. When showing records in a list view, they can click some boxes listed for each record with each setup to trigger a script and send a parameter of what was performed. The problem is it always saves the order and item ID numbers from the first record in the list view not the active record which is clicked.

In the script that is triggered I am setting variables with the order and item ID's and then opening a new layout and setting fields.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luke

• 1. Re: Logging Clicks
          siplus

I realise that this might be a bit of an overkill, but it's anyway useful to know that XMChart has a function returning the x and y coordinates of the clicked point in a Filemaker window:

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 08.53.07.png

• 2. Re: Logging Clicks
            bigtom

I think the problem could be with the table the list view was based on and the table your related records are on. When you have an issue with getting the first record rather than the correct record it is generally it issue like that.