2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 5:30 AM by MikeMemme

Can't Set Up Server 15 Wildcard SSL on Worker Machine in OSX

MikeMemme

Hello

I have a two machine setup using Mac servers. I've installed Server 15 on both machines. I've purchased a wildcard SSL Certificate from Go-Daddy and it installs without problem on the master machine. Knowledgebase article 16042 states that the serverCustom.pem file can be copied from CStore on the master machine to CStore on the worker machine.

When I do that and reboot both servers, the master machine no longer sees the worker machine. If I try to edit the deployment, the configuration step asks for the setup code again, but the setup code doesn't work as long as the serverCustom.pem file from the master machine is in CStore on the worker machine. If I remove the serverCustom.pem file from the master machine and re-install the original serverCustom.pem file, things work again.

I tried installing the wildcard certificate on the worker machine using terminal but am getting errors. I'm not very good with terminal so I'm not sure if it's a problem with Filemaker or with me. I was able to get it to work with version 14.

Why won't the steps in knowledgebase article 16042 work for me?

Mike