I would like to user Get(UserCount) to restrict the number of connections to a file hosted remotely on Filemaker Server. I have two questions:
- First Question: I'm considered about Get(UserCount) in relation to application crashes. Consider the following scenario:
A client is restricted to 5 users by a simple If Get(UserCount) > 5 Then Close Application step in the opening script.
- 5 clients are currently connected
- One client's application crashes or is force quit. The application could be Filemaker Pro, Filemaker Go, or Filemaker Pro for User Connections (Web Direct will not be used).
- The client immediately opens up their application and attempts to connect to the server
- Will the Get(UserCount) step fail on account of the previous (crashed) session still being counted? In other words is there the possibility of a "ghost session" since Server and Client did not properly terminate their session?
- Second Question: Can a script identify if the file is opened from Filemaker for User Connections (as opposed to Filemaker Pro and Filemaker Pro Advanced)?