Prague, CZ -- July 13, 2016 -- 24U Software has released the version 2.0 of 24U Phidgets Plug-In. This plug-in enables FileMaker Pro to interact with various Phidgets boards to let a database solution control physical devices and physical devices to control the solution.
The latest version adds 64-bit compatibility with FileMaker Pro 14 and 15, ability to control distant Phidgets over network, ability to write to writable RFID tags, display text on an LCD display, control 8 servo motors concurrently via single controller board, read data from load cells, control analog electronic devices by variable voltage outputs, and more.
24U Phidgets Plug-In allows FileMaker Pro users to:
- Read and write RFID tags to track goods, assets and people
- Capture sensor data to collect environmental data such as temperature or force
- Control servo motors to automate moving parts of robots and machines
- Read digital and analog inputs to control your solution by physical controls
- Set digital outputs to switch lights and other electrical devices
- Display text on an LCD display to create custom user interface such as cashbox
- Set analog outputs to control electronic equipment
The new version of 24U Phidgets Plug-In has been improved to provide the following new features and more:
- 64-bit version fully compatible with FileMaker Pro 14 and 15
- Support for network connected Phidgets
- Extended RFID compatibility including writing to writable RFID tags
- TextLCD support
- PhidgetBridge support for load cells reading
- PhidgetAnalog support for controlling analog electronic devices
- Extended support for servo motors
Benefits of the new features
By being able to connect to Phidgets over network FileMaker solution can now access sensors and control located farther from the computer, such as sensors in a factory or plant field, or door locks in the whole building.
Being able to write information to writable RFID tags makes it easier to integrate FileMaker solutions with other RFID systems or to implement a system that does not rely on a constant online access to a central database of tag IDs.
For a developer designing a FileMaker based point-of-sale or entertainment solution, being able to display text on a small LCD display now allows for creating a fully customized hardware terminal and even control multiple terminals from a single copy of FileMaker Pro.
24U Phidgets Plug-In 2.0 is immediately available for download free of charge as a fully functional 14-days trial version, which can be activated after purchasing a license code.
Pricing: $79 single-user, volume licenses and upgrades discounted
More info: http://www.24uSoftware.com/Phidgets
This announcement is intentionally brief to not bother members of
this mailing list who are not interested in detailed information. To
read complete Press Releases, please visit the following page:
24U Software offers solutions for people, not for computers!
Software Division Manager, 24U s.r.o.