I don't seem to get around asking it here.
First though: I have done some research on my own. But all suggestions I found had some drawbacks. Therefor I would like your help.
The suggestions I found:
• MOOPLUG - Has not been updated since 24th July 2010. - Only works on Windows.
• ACME NetTools - Are a "FileMaker Pro v4/5/6/7 Plugin".
• CNS FTPit Pro - According to their "Compatibility Chart" it is not 64bit yet. (If they manage to update it, it seems as the best candidate so far.)
• 360Works FTPeek - Is depending on Java 1.6 (maybe 32 bit?) and halts FileMaker without it. As far as I have been told you shall never run old Java due to security vulnerabilities.
• MBS - ...actually, it does not have any of the "flaws" above. It is a virtual workshop, full of tools. The problem is, there is only a budget for a small toolbox. And since it uses CURL there is a second layer of "abstraction" to get through to learn how to use it.
What I aim to do is to send a copy of our price list and availability, as a file, over FTP, to a selection of customers every night. The list of customers and all information on the FTP-servers rests in the same FileMaker solution as stock and prices.
I am already exporting the file and sending it by e-mail every night.
Apart from the above, do you have any suggestions for a robust and future-proof method to do it?
FMS: 14 (Plan to upgrade to 15 soon)
Server: MS Windows 8 Enterprise, Version 6.2.9200 build 9200
FMPA 14 (soon 15) 64 bit
Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F1808)
Beneficial is, if it is working on both platforms for development and testing purposes.
With best regards Magnus Fransson.