Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Go 15 under iOS 9.3.2. This is what I have done:
1. I created two tables linked by "ID".
2. The secondary table contains a Number field "Amount", and a Summary field "Total Packet cash" (to simulate your Summary field).
3. I created records in both tables to make sure some records in the main table link to the records in the secondary table, as well as additional records in the main table so that there are no linked records in the secondary table.
4. In the main table layout, I created a portal that contains the Amount and Total Packet cash fields. The portal is filtered by Amount > 5.
5. I created a script, "New Script", that performs the steps:
Set Variable [ $var ; Value: Total Packet cash ]
Show Custom Dialog [ "Total" ; $var ]
6. I created a button on the layout that executes "New Script".
7. To make sure this works in FileMaker Pro, I clicked the button for each record. The blank portals showed empty values for $var.
8. I closed the file and moved it over to FileMaker Go 14 and FileMaker Go 15.
9. In both FileMaker Go 14 and FileMaker Go 15, the blank portals showed empty values for $var.
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
See if you are able to reproduce the issue in a new file.
If you still cannot determine the cause, modify your script so it checks for an empty Summary field before applying the value. For instance:
If [ IsEmpty ( Total Packet cash )
Set Variable [ $variable ; Value: "" ]
Set Variable [ $variable ; Value: Total Packet cash ]
Let me know if you need additional clarification.
I already tried correcting the problem with an If is empty(), but it returns a figure, as I said earlier.
anyway, this error shouldn’t happen. This window has been working in my office for the last 2 yrs.
The portal field shows no data on the screen, but when I go to the object and show a dialogue box with the field, it shows a figure.
You can access my database at host iMac.no-ip.com
select ‘this week’
you can also download my db at this link
I’m just off to crash some backs… be back in an hour..
After ten minutes of getting the message "Downloading File...", I had to stop. I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.
I received your file. Thank you.
Following the steps above, I'm not sure what I am supposed to see. Right now, Total Package Cash displays blank. What other steps do I need to take to see the issue?
The total package field infact ‘shows’ a blank, but when the script goes to the field by using a Go To Object, and then queries the field, it returns 6020. The figure that would be shown if the field where not in a filtered portal.
Again, this only happens in Filemaker Go 15
It works normally in Go 14 and on the mac.
I don't see the filtered portal. Regardless, I placed another instance of the field on the layout, and it shows the data. I then deleted the original instance and moved the new instance to the original position, and everything works.
Try it, and let me know if the field now displays data.