5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 5:50 AM by wimdecorte

Filemaker Sever User

waleedtamim

Hello All,

We are in progress to create new website by WebDirect function of filemaker server which will offer some spare parts for sale.

That means will using filemaker server to publishing our solution. we are three admin will control the database and sure many customers will search on our product and interact over it by selecting and may purchasing.

Did i need to secure connection for every user will search in my solution especially that every user will have an account used it to access the database? as you know the user may hundreds or thousands

or only three connection for admin???

Best Regards

• 1. Re: Filemaker Sever User
          wimdecorte

Are you asking whether you need to create individual user accounts in your solution?  (A little confused that you say "filemaker server user").

No, you don't need individual user accounts in your solution.  You can use one account, with a very carefully crafted privilege set, and with ONLY the 'webdirect' extended privilege bit enabled (not the fmapp extended privilege).

• 2. Re: Filemaker Sever User
            waleedtamim

When i check the cost of the filemaker server i found attached picture with meaning of user as each one use the solution

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 8.18.24 PM.png

• 3. Re: Filemaker Sever User
              wimdecorte

I think I understand now, when you say: "secure connection" you meant do I need to buy a connection, not 'secure' as in Security...

You should not use FileMaker Licensing for Teams, but use Legacy Licensing.  That is not available from the store, you need to call Sales to get pricing.

You will need to buy enough connections to cover your maximum projected number of concurrent users (users who will be on at the same time).  Say that you have 1,000 potential customers but  you think only 20 will be on the site at any given time.  Then you need to buy 20 connections.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Sever User
                waleedtamim

to be confirm, for everyone how visit and interact with website in same time i have to (buy connection)   for him

and filemaker server are different matter ..... is that true

• 5. Re: Filemaker Sever User
                  wimdecorte

I don't know what you mean by this:

and filemaker server are different matter ..... is that true

What you need to buy is:

- one license for FileMaker Server

- enough WebDirect connections to cover your maximum number of concurrent users

- (and whatever licenses you need for FileMaker Pro / Pro Advanced ) for the backoffice work and development)

But don't buy FileMaker Licensing for Teams.  Call Sales.

1 of 1 people found this helpful