2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 8:58 PM by philmodjunk

Container files - non-interactive

bhmartin

I created a program for my print shop (Tee's) and it creates a ticket.  Sometimes these tickets are completely duplicated other than say the date of the transaction.  I store what the shirt will look like in a jpg or png file on the sheet.  When I print the picture of the tee it prints on the ticket with it.  Now when I want to duplicate the ticket everything copies perfectly other than the container file.  I could go in and put the picture back manually but I wanted it to copy the file contents of the jpg automatically to the new duplicated ticket.  How do I copy the contents of a container file (jpg) to the new duplicated ticket with a new ticket number and new date in?

Not sure if I worded this well, but if anyone does understand what I am asking please, by all means...HELP!!!

Brian Martin

• 1. Re: Container files - non-interactive
          philmodjunk

You may need to describe the options you have specified for your container field in more detail. Ordinarily, duplicating the record duplicates all data in your fields--including a container field unless some other details such as an auto-enter setting or a script trigger performed script (with the trigger performed by the duplicate action) are clearing the field.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Container files - non-interactive
            philmodjunk

Also, could the container field actually be in a related record and not in the record that you duplicated?

I have a script example in here somewhere where you duplicate a parent record and all of its portal records that would server for that purpose.