1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 12:17 AM by keywords

Layout objects width is correct in the inspector but showing 1pt wider in the layout

Eric Whittaker Jr

Hey everyone,

I am really curious if anyone else is able to replicate this issue or has experienced this for themselves.

The issue is I will make a rectangle layout object and set its left position to 200, the top position to 100, and width is 100 and height of 50 with no border.

I will then make a line layout object and set the left position to 200, the top position to 99, and I will set the width to 100.

I expect that line object would line up with the right position of the rectangle but instead, what I get is the line is 1pt wider than the rectangle.

This also seems to affect the dynamic layout guides and will not center as expected. What I mean by that is if I was to try and correct this by making the line object 99pt wide then the dynamic layout guides can't center because the math of centering 2 objects one being 99pt wide and the other 100pt wide can't work.

This is a major frustration and not sure what causes or if there might be a workaround the community knows that I do not. I have already called FM Support and they replicated the issue and said all they could do was submit a ticket for the developers to fix (whenever that may be....). So in all it would be great to see if others have this issue if there is a workaround, also if someone who is using FM15 could check this out and see if you could replicate this or if it may have been fixed that would be great!

I am using FM 14.0.6

FM: 14.0.6

Theme: I have experienced this on the Light theme and the Enlightened theme. So far it seems to not be related to themes.

Mac: MacBook Pro 2015 running El Capitan 10.11.5

Let me know if there is any other info that I can provide.

Thanks in advance!

1 2 Previous Next