1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 5:32 PM by justinc

FMS14, Web Direct: external datasource/ghost-T.O. = <file missing>

justinc

I'm having a strange issue with a Web Direct workflow.  I have a multi-file solution hosted on FMS14.04.  This workflow copies some data between the two files, reading IDs from one to the other to ensure things line up, etc.  For simplicity, FileA has an external Datasource defined to FileB.  FileA has numerous ghost table T.O.s on the graph that point at tables from this external datasource.

But the WD layout (based on a table in FileA) that starts this process shows "<file missing>" when trying to show data from a ghost-table T.O. pointed at the external datasource.  This same layout has no troubles displaying data from the ghost T.O. when viewed in FM Client.

Yes, my account has "fmwebdirect" extended privilege set on both files.  The curious thing is that there's a button script from this layout that ends up calling a script in that external datasource file (just uses regular FM "perform script [file=FileB; "Some Script"] to do it).  That script activation works fine:  FileB opens, it goes to a layout based on a table in FileB, and shows data from it.

So why can't I use a ghost table via that external datasource to retrieve data?

• 1. Re: FMS14, Web Direct: external datasource/ghost-T.O. = <file missing>
          justinc

Wim Decorte answered this question in another thread:  he suggested that the files be in the same folder on the server (should be on the same server, of course).

That did the trick - after a slight adjustment to the EDS definition.

* The file was moved so they were both in the same folder

* I edited the EDS from "fmnet:/fms.server.com/ExtFile" to "file:ExtFile"

(I made the edits via the 'Edit -> Add File -> Remote ->...' process; I wasn't just manually editing the lines.)

Then my error went away!  Thanks Wim.