4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2016 7:23 PM by synergy46

FM 15 ADV - Constrain not constraining.

synergy46

DDESReport2.png

I have produced the above sub-summary report. 

I have designated into 2 global fields a start and end date by which I want to 'find'

the applicable records.  (NOTICE: Mcquiston and Hall both meet the criteria --  Dates in 2012)

Here is the script:

DDESFilterExecuteScript.png

After the report runs, this is what shows:

PostExecuteReport.png

Below:  Follis shows because his DES:: table has 3 entries and the earliest entry is dated 7-18-2012.  But, when I execute the GTRR, his top record (Deceased) shows.  Follis shouldn't be on this report at all!

FollisSource.png

So, the question is:  "How do I apply date filters to my report while allowing the GTRR to select the earliest DES::Status?"

DESRelationshipTable.png

• 1. Re: FM 15 ADV - Constrain not constraining.
          philmodjunk

It's hard to say when you don't show what criteria was used in the constrain, but It looks to me that you need to use GTRR before the constrain.

Use GTRR to get all related records, then constrain to get just the category specified.

But it is likely that what you want can be produced without use of a summary report if you stay on the first layout but filter either the relationship or the portal to get just the most recent record of the desired category.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FM 15 ADV - Constrain not constraining.
            PeterWindle

your perform find and constrain find both are restoring a find, so you might want to check what the criteria is for both of these ( I can see one in the screen grab, but I don't know what the other is)... but my bigger question is, why are they separate ? You could put multiple criteria in the one search, right?

What I usually do is to break the searching in to literal steps, like :

Enter Find Mode

Set field <field> = [$_Variable]

perform find

this way, I can see what's going on with the searching when I debug.

• 3. Re: FM 15 ADV - Constrain not constraining.
              synergy46

Thanks Phil for the reply.

If I put the GTRR *between* the FIND and the CONSTRAIN it works as expected.

If I put the GTRR 'above' or 'after' the FIND and CONSTRAIN it fails.

Can you provide some narrative about what is going on? 

Thanks again

• 4. Re: FM 15 ADV - Constrain not constraining.
                synergy46

The other relationship is PK==>>FK.  (Just like in the diagram)