4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2016 12:20 AM by keywords

How to reset a theme back to its original settings

ChrisSweet

I've developed my app and created a lot of customs styles in the Enlightened Theme. It's now got out of hand so I'm wondering if I can put this theme back to what it was when I started the app.

Can anyone help please. This will teach me to take a copy of the theme before I start messing around with it

Thanks in advance..

Chris

• 1. Re: How to reset a theme back to its original settings
          jbrown

I was going to suggest you import the Englightend theme from a new file into this one you've messed up. But the import only works on themes you've modified. If in File A, I need to reset the Enlightened theme, I want to import it from FIle B. It seems I have to make a change to Enlightened in File B for it to  be importable (Manage / Themes / Import).

Here's what you can try

1. Create a new file. On the default layout, the Enlightened theme is applied (FM 14, 15).

2. Make one change to the theme. Add a style you can easily identify. Take a button, change the default color from the gradient white to purple

3. Save that theme.

4. Go to your old file. Go to Manage / Themes / Import and import from that new file you created. "Enlightened" should show up because you've made a change to it in the new file.

5. Import.

6. Go to every layout that has the old, messed up theme and change to this theme.  (That is a pain, i know, but can't find a way to mass-change themes.

Would that help?

• 2. Re: How to reset a theme back to its original settings
            jbrown

For what its worth, If you create a new theme once you start making changes instead of saving to the existing theme, the existing theme remains intact and you get a new -custom-to-your-app theme.

• 3. Re: How to reset a theme back to its original settings
              ChrisSweet

Thanks Jeremy.

This prompted me to look again and you can actually select the original Enlightened theme ( within the app ) and start using it again, then if necessary save it as your own custom theme.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Chris

• 4. Re: How to reset a theme back to its original settings
                keywords

Right. If you had saved the changes you had made using "Save changes to theme" you will in fact find that you have created a custom copy of the theme you were using. Therefore all you need to do is switch back to the original theme.

This does bring up the matter of approach to working with themes—it is always a good idea to get used to saving style changes as you make them, and also saving the theme changes as you go along. Learning to manage and apply themes and styles is an important part of layout design now.