AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom Dialog Box Listing different data found from scripts

Question asked by Jtmwalk on Jul 24, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 25, 2016 by RickWhitelaw

I am trying to find the best way to show in a list type format, multiple data returns from several different script parameters.

I have set up a "delete this record" button for the user.  Several different fields must be checked via script criteria to verify these fields are empty of data before the specific record can be deleted.

I have identified the criteria to verify each field with a Case Function Script, and this will return the values to be corrected, however: I cannot get them to appear on the Custom Dialog screen for the user to review and care for.  I ONLY want the field names to show that do NOT meet the script criteria, be it one, many or none of the fields needing attention at run time.  Currently, I can get one result to display, and only after correcting that one specific item and re-running the script it will show the 2nd field and so on.  This is what I am attempting to accomplish and display in the Message area of Custom Dialog Box

"This record cannot be deleted for one or more of the following reasons :"

&"¶¶"&

"          Customer Invoiced"&"¶"&               ←This would only show if field has data

"          Revenue $"&"¶"&                             ←This field would NOT show if field is already empty

"          Driver Assigned to Moves"&"¶"&   This would only show if field has data

"          Cost Incurred"                                  This would only show if field has data

&"¶¶"&

"See Administrator to Delete"

IF after checking individual script steps for each field, I only want results to return on items that need attention, and not the fields that are cleared through the script steps as okay.

This HAS to be so basic, but I am unable to find the answers in the forum discussions.  Could someone please point in a direction to find the solution to this?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Outcomes