For all browsers I've tried so far except for Firefox, FMS15 web client will not download an container based file.
Server: Filemaker server 22.214.171.124 @ AWS Windows Server 2012 R2
Client: Webclient (see browser details below)
Shared database (attached):
* Container field (populated with xlsx, docx, etc)
* Right click->Export field contents OR script export field contents
* File naming dialog pops up [accept or rename -> ok]
* Ready for download dialog pops up
* Clicking download appears to try something (window status hints show attempted activity)
* Nothing downloads (for fails on browsers -- succeeds on browsers get the actual file.)
* Chrome (51.0.2704.103 (64-bit) macOS & windows]) [some unconfirmed client versions]
* Safari 9.11 (macOS)
* Edge (25.10586.0.0 windows]
* Firefox (47.0 windows)
(randomly assigned password just prior to uploading)
The problem disappeared when I disabled Filemaker Server Admin->Database Server->Security[tab]->Use SSL for progressive downloading and restarted the server.
This works for the short term, as we do not have any progressive download content currently, but this is obviously not a great long term fix.