9 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2017 10:20 AM by TSGal

Annoying rubber-banding bounce

skywillmott

So, the 'rubber-banding' that occurs in Form View on Mac... Great when using form layouts on FileMaker Go as well suited for touch interfaces, but really wish the rubber-banding could be focused better. For instance, when scrolling a portal on a Form Layout, then it would be great if just the portal contents had the 'bounce' and not the whole form layout! See example video attached...

• 1. Re: Annoying rubber-banding bounce
          Benjamin Fehr

… and to add this:

In Form View, no popover used, even when 'resize to fit' is set ahead, scroll-wheel will move the entire layout.

OS and version: Mac OS 10.11*)

Description: Layout is moving with scroll wheel in a Form View layout

How to replicate:

set a script

Go to Layout (xy)

Adjust Window [Resize to fit]

Mouse-Scrolling up/down will move entire layout up and down

Workaround: none

Though while skywillmott report can be replicated, it also shows another issue:

Layout shouldn't move at all with scroll-wheel when window of the layout it resized to fit.

• 2. Re: Annoying rubber-banding bounce
            TSGal

skywillmott and Benjamin Fehr:

Our Development and Testing departments are already aware of this issue.  I have attached your posts to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Annoying rubber-banding bounce
              sstpierre

AND WHAT ABOUT US... THE DEVELOPPERS!!!

IN LAYOUT MODE IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

GENERAL FONT SIZE 9!! NOT CUSTOMIZE AND DANGLING ALL TIME!!!

EVEN THE TOOL BAR GETS MAD!

THIS PLATFORM IS GETTING ME INSANE!

STILL ONE MILLION CLICK A DAY, MY HANDS HURTS!!!

After more than one year we still don't get a fix for placeholder field bug...

Good for "Hidding object when"

But what about the real stuff: ENABLE / DISABLE OBJECT OR BUTTON!!

Like a real IDE! Like NetBeans fifth-teen years ago!!!

Customize Customize Customize!!!

Work Work Work... with your product and see how you end your day!!!

Is there only three part time developper at FileMaker?

If not, I simply don't understand the lack of change in ergonomy and the universal IDE patterns that we all have from

Eclipse, Xcode (while not very user centric - no big customization), JetBrains, and the like.

If those dev would use it every day it would have changed for more than a decade by now!

It's getting better and better, Good, but push way more and what about Androïd. I know it's Apple enemy, but are customers are also there! just like yesterday enemy Microsoft. Filemaker started strong in PC industries!

And please your base developper are aging!!! CUSTOMIZE GENERAL FONT EVERYWHERE IN FMPA; INLARGE THE TOOLBAR AND PLEASE STOP DANCING!!! AT LEASE IN LAYOUT MODE IF THOSE iMACHINE LOVE TO DANGLES!

• 4. Re: Annoying rubber-banding bounce
                codecruncher

sstpierre wrote:

AND WHAT ABOUT US... THE DEVELOPPERS!!!

IN LAYOUT MODE IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! [...] AT LEASE IN LAYOUT MODE IF THOSE iMACHINE LOVE TO DANGLES!

I can confirm that this is an issue that is driving sstpierre crazy.

• 6. Re: Annoying rubber-banding bounce
                  TSGal

sstpierre:

Thank you for your post.  I have attached your comments to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Annoying rubber-banding bounce
                    TSGal

All:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Pro 16.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Annoying rubber-banding bounce
                      jarvphot

How has the issue been addressed? I'm still experiencing unwanted rubber-band bounce in FMPA16.

• 9. Re: Annoying rubber-banding bounce
                        TSGal

jarvphot:

The portal will now scroll until it reaches the top or bottom without scrolling the main view.

If you are at the bottom of the portal and you start a new scroll downwards, then you will get rubber-banding of the main view.  Likewise, if you are at the top of the portal and you start a new scroll upwards, then you will get rubber-banding of the main view.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.