AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker WebDirect Takes an Age to Enter a Field

Question asked by shaunm on Jul 27, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2016 by pennyruddell

Having looked around the discussion boards I've tried a few fixes already, but nothing seems to be making any difference. Fairly experience dev here, but this one's got me stumped as I've not had huge dealings with WebD.

Layouts in solution draw fine, tabs & portals load nicely, all calculation and summary fields load nicely on the layout. I am using the minimalist theme, very few conditional formatting calcs & no images etc on the layout.

However, when I click into a field to edit it, it takes 2-4 seconds to physically enter the field. Now, not a huge a mount of time, but hugely annoying and makes the system pretty hard to use. When I open the hosted file in FMP it doesn't have this issue.

There are no on enter, on commit etc script triggers.

File is hosted online on a pretty decent machine with XEON processor and 8gb ram and very decent connection. My connection is 60mbt down 30 up - so I don't think it's the connection.

I am scratching my head over this - no idea why the layouts & record would all load nice and quickly, but accessing the record fields wouldn't.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes