3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 8:53 AM by TSGal

How to find legacy data

calculu

I saved a hyper-link for the FileMaker Forum with Message ID # 5975.

It now appears to be dysfunctional as the browser places the url text string in the google search box.

Is there a resource on filemaker.com where one could find the aforementioned message?

Here's the link: http://forum-en.filemaker.com/fm/board/message?board.id=aut&message.id=5975

• 1. Re: How to find legacy data
          TSGal

calculu:

Thank you for your post.

That link is an old FileMaker forum post.  All old links were migrated to the Community.  For the first six months, the older links were redirected to the new link, but that capability has since been removed.

Do you recall what the original forum link was about?  Perhaps I can locate it.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to find legacy data
            calculu

If I remember correctly, it was about how to recreate a FileMaker Database file without Records.  However this is not the point; I have a number of these outdated links that lead nowhere, which - as I understand now - are completely obsolete.  In the future, whenever I'm stumped with such a problem may I send you a reply to this Discussion?

• 3. Re: How to find legacy data
              TSGal

calculu:

You can always send a reply to this Discussion, or you can create a new Discussion post.  The advantage of creating a new Discussion post is other users will probably be able to help you quicker before I see your post.

To create a Database file without records, with your file open, pull down the File menu and select the option "Save a Copy As...".  In the next window (Create a copy named:), the name will default to the name of the file followed by "Copy".  At the bottom to the right of "Type", change the pop-up that shows "copy of current file" to "clone (no records)".  This will then make a copy of the database file without any records.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful