3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 2:30 PM by synergy46

FM 15 Advanced - TOC Import

synergy46

First, I apologize because I can not install FM 15 on my laptop (I am out of town) to see what is going on in debug....  My FM 15 is an upgrade and even having the key will not allow me to install on this laptop.

Here is the crux of the problem: 

I have a table called DES and a table called Members:  Members --<< DES

My import routine worked great until I created other TOC's :  Members2 and DES2

When I import records into DES, my DES2 table does not recognize the imported records.

But, Members2 information DOES seem to show????

However, if I run my existing sample data, all works as expected.

This is my sub summary report   (Grouped and sorted on DES2::Type)

DDESNPD_Report.png

Since DES2 is another 'occurrence' of DES shouldn't I see the same records in DES2 that I see in DES?

What am I missing?

Thanks

Ron

• 1. Re: FM 15 Advanced - TOC Import
          philmodjunk

Since DES2 is another 'occurrence' of DES shouldn't I see the same records in DES2 that I see in DES?

What am I missing?

Not necessarily. There would need to be a valid relationship linking each record shown in your report to at least one record in DES2. Since you can add fields from that Table occurrence, you would seem to have a relationship, but it would seem that you need to check the values of the match fields used in that relationship as it would appear that at least one of those fields is either blank or has the wrong information.

• 2. Re: FM 15 Advanced - TOC Import
            synergy46

hmmmm....

In DES I originally have sample data.   When I create and run the sub-summary report (based on DES2 sample data) everything works as expected.

However, after I import data from a previous version of the app into DES, the report looks as above.

I can't confirm (I don't have FM Advanced on this computer) that the Import script is not at fault but reports based on DES work. 

you need to check the values of the match fields used in that relationship as it would appear that at least one of those fields is either blank or has the wrong information.

Here is the 'original' report with sample data:

DDESWorkingSample.png

After I import data from a previous version and after I run the same report, I get:

DDESImportedData.png

The difference seems to be caused by  the import script.  But if that was the case, wouldn't all DES reports misbehave?

• 3. Re: FM 15 Advanced - TOC Import
              synergy46

I think the problem stems from the fact that I changed the field name of DES::Type to DES::Status.  This broke the import script and subsequently the report.

So, I am puzzling a 'repair' that would look at the DES table and if it has a field called Status, then import Status-->Startus otherwise import Type-->Status.

Is there a simpler, more effective method?  (Shame on me for changing the field name; but I thought FM rolled changed field names throughout the application?)

Thanks