3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 8:46 AM by cwiltgen86

Selector Conector With RLA

cwiltgen86

I am using Selector Connector to display Icons and Navigation options in my solution.  This works very well for any user with regular ( no limited ) view security settings.  For a user with limited view security there is a problem.  If they land on a layout without a found set the Icons and Navigations are not there.  This problem does not exist for normal users.  Can anyone point me down any type of path?

• 1. Re: Selector Conector With RLA
          philipHPG

Please provide additional information on your database structure. What are the relevant table occurrences and the relationships between them?

• 2. Re: Selector Conector With RLA
            wimdecorte

cwiltgen86 wrote:

If they land on a layout without a found set the Icons and Navigations are not there.

Why do they end up with no records in the found set?  Because of the RLA restrictions?

One thing you could do is load the icons in globals at login so you don't have to show them in a related fashion.

• 3. Re: Selector Conector With RLA
              cwiltgen86

When a user first views a report we display show a blank found set and then allow them to do a filter for the records they are looking for.  This way we prevent large amounts of data transfer.  One of the reasons to use selector connector is to avoid loading this like icons into globals.  Also, our navigation is based on records in a table so those cannot be loaded to a global.

The structure is pretty simple.  I have a LNI table which is cross joined with a Connector Table.  I then have a MEN table also cross joined with Connector. 

This all works if there is no RLA.  And it works if there is a found set even with RLA.  But is does not work with RLA and no found set.