7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 12:57 PM by Johan Hedman

Pie Chart Challanges

jkostenbader

Consider two tables. One for "projects" and one for "time log entries". On a layout based on "Projects" I have a portal that contains "time log entries" (see image). There is a one-to-many relationship between projects and time log entries (each project could have many time log entries).

Now consider a layout based on projects with a portal containing many time log entries. Ideally I'd like to show a pie chart that summarizes the percentage of hours for a given task.Task is a field in the time log entries table. Users enter the number of minutes they spend on each task associated with this project. There is a calculated field that converts the minutes into a decimal representation of the hour. No matter how I set this pie chart up I continue to get a chart that has something like this:

Conference Call 20%

Meeting 20%

Conference call 20%

Testing 20%

Testing 20%

What I expect is:

Conference Call 40%

Meeting 20%

Testing 40%

The datasource is "related tables" based on the relationship between Projects and time log entries (Projects_To_TimeLog) sorted by the calculated field for hours (c_TotalHours) and "Summarized Group of Records"

Wedge and labels are, of course, the "Task" field from  the time log entry  table.

Any insight into what I'm doing wrong? Have I approached this completely incorrectly. Thank you in advance

John