4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2016 11:35 PM by CICT

can i run FP Pro on an android device

rexincolo

I would like to be able to have FM Pro based in a cloud where I could access it from my office (Windows 10) or remotely from a Android tablet. Is this possible?

• 1. Re: can i run FP Pro on an android device
          schamblee

You can connect to FMS from a browser on an Android using webdirect.

• 2. Re: can i run FP Pro on an android device
            hankshrier

You can use Web Direct.  A few warnings. The only theme that works reliably with Web Direct is Enlightened.  There may be others. When I switched to Enlightened, web direct behaved wonderfully.  There may be other Themes that work. I can tell you, Enlightened does. You may modify the theme to your hearts content and it still works.

According to FMI's best practices, you need to add an additional machine when you pass 6 concurrent users

Licensing FMPS, especially for FMPS 15 is Obscenely expensive. Find a reliable hosting company.
            In the long run, you may find buying an iPad to be more cost effective.  When using FileMaker Pro, both the Windows and OSX versions work very well. A small Windows laptop may also suit your purposes.

HTH

• 3. Re: can i run FP Pro on an android device
              CarlSchwarz

Rent a Windows Server in a data-centre and install FileMaker Pro on the Windows Server and put your file there. Then use "Remote Desktop" to remote into the server.  This will give you a Windows Desktop on your Android tablet and you can open FileMaker Pro and use your android as if it is a Windows machine.  There is a slight lag as the information travels over the internet of course.

• 4. Re: can i run FP Pro on an android device
                CICT

We have Citrix XenApp servers streaming FileMaker Pro, which runs on Android. The XenApp servers can be pointed to your cloud based server.

Apologies for the dated web site, an update is on the way, but there is a quick video of this at FileMaker Pro - Citrix Receiver on Android

Regards

Andy