13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2016 4:26 AM by Mike_Mitchell

Passing PDF to Web Service - byte vs. stream?

Mike_Mitchell

Good day, all. I'm in the process of coding an upload of data to a web service consisting of a PDF and associated metadata. (It's a document repository.) The web service in question has you make two calls, one with Content-Type of application/octet-stream (the PDF) and one with Content-Type of application/json (the metadata). I'm having an odd issue with the PDFs. They upload, but Acrobat is unable to read them. Error message is as follows:

error.png

When I talk to the tech support for the web service, they tell me I must be using a byte[] of the PDF content and that I should try a stream instead. Thing is, I'm using the BaseElements plugin to push the data up, and I have no idea how to set that up. All I'm doing is setting the custom header using BE_HTTP_Set_Custom_Header, followed with BE_HTTP_POST (with BE_HTTP_Response_Code following after).

Is there a set of parameters I can pass to tell the service I'm sending a stream instead of a byte[]? Anyone have experience with this sort of situation?