5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 12:41 PM by Johan Hedman

Setting up a payroll report

addison

I have a timecard database in which one record represents one day. I have separate tables for Employees (name, ID number, etc.) and Pay Period (start and end dates).

Every pay period (two weeks) I want to be able to generate a report for our payroll provider that will compile the daily records into a format organized by employee, and for only that pay period.

I am struggling to understand how reports work, and especially sub-summary parts. It looks like I will want to sort by the fields EmployeeID and PayPeriodEnd (each daily record will have this information associated with it).

I want the report to look something like this:

Employee ID                     Name

Pay Period End

Day 1 Regular Hours                                          Overtime

Day 2 Regular Hours                                          Overtime

Day 3 Regular Hours                                          Overtime

etc.....

Total Regular Hours for Pay Period             Total Overtime Hours for Pay Period

I've created a report layout, but I have no idea how to get to what I'm trying to achieve.

Thank you for any help!