wacole1213

Webviewer, GoogleMaps and Video Hardware

Discussion created by wacole1213 on Aug 6, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2016 by user19752

Several weeks ago I found that an application that I am working on which used the webviewer to display a Google Map [GM] stopped displaying GM.  Then a week or so later - without my doing anything significant that I'm aware of - it started displaying GM again, but with diminished capabilities.  Before the GMs stopped working I was able to switch between GM Full Mode and its Lite Mode.  When it started working again, I was only able to display in Lite Mode; why?

A bit of poking around found that GM is now sensitive to not only the browser and OS, but also video hardware  To test this I checked out several machines with different video hardware to see which ones would display GM Full and which would only allow GM Lite.  Here's the very small sample result:

Video Hardware                     GM Full?

intelHD Graphics                    Yes

IntelHD Graphics 530             Yes

Intel G41 Express Chipset      No

NViDEA GeForce GT 710       No

IntelHD Graphics 5500           Yes

The machine that I'm running FMP on is the one with the Intel G41 chipset, hence, GM Lite only.  So there you have it.  Here's Google's list of video hardware that will support GM Full mode. i don't know if Google announced this change anywhere, but, if so, I couldn't find it.  [Or maybe it's been there all along and I just didn't notice it.]

Outcomes