4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2016 3:56 AM by wimdecorte

<File Missing> for fields from external data source on remote server

tkessler45

I have FMS 15 set up in a remote AWS instance. I have a second local server at my work with FileMaker Server, and it hosts databases that use the AWS server as an external data source. When connecting to the local server's databases via the FileMaker app, I can grab value lists, do lookups, and otherwise use the tables from the remote server just fine. However, when I access the same DB through WebDirect, all of the fields, value lists, and other content from the remote server do not load, and I get "<File Missing>" as a result.

I have enabled the webdirect extended privilege for all relevant accounts on the remote server, and can access its files directly via WebDirect just fine. I have all firewall settings turned off for testing, so its not a problem with any security policies or the like. I have also gone to the remote system and used the Security > File Access panel to authorize the local server's file (the one including resources from the remote file).

No matter what I do, when opening the file in the FileMaker app, everything works just fine, but in WebDirect I get "<File Missing>" for all remote fields and records.

Many of the fixes online for this issue are for two files on the same local system, where specifying the external source by "file:" instead of "fmnet:" seems to work; however, I need to access the system via fmnet since it is remote.

Does anyone have suggestions for this?