4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 3:01 AM by globe11123

Popover refresh

globe11123

I have an allocate button on all portal rows that opens a popover button.

On the popover I want to be able to allocate the job to a user. The only trouble I am having is that no matter which portal line you click the allocate button It always opens the first record.

The popover is hidden behind some text as you can't put multiple popovers on a portal row.

How could I grab the correct data? Currently the button code just takes me to the object which is the popover.

Preferably I would like everything to be done within the same layout.

e1e.png

• 1. Re: Popover refresh
          jormond

globe11123 wrote:

Preferably I would like everything to be done within the same layout.

What is the reason for this? For the user, you can make it appear to be on the same layout...

As for the reason it grabs the record it does...when looking at a related field outside of the portal, it shows you the first record in the relationship.  Options:

• Put the pop-over in the portal.
          • Set a global field and use that as a relationship to access the data in the related table ( a new relationship, separate from the portal ).
          • Some configuration of GetNthRecord, etc.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Popover refresh
            keywords

Provided that the popover button is actually captured within the portal row and the fields on the popover are from the same TO as the portal itself, this should not happen. Make sure those conditions are met.

• 3. Re: Popover refresh
              philmodjunk

As Keywords has indicated, if the fields in the popover are also from the portal, you can put the popover button inside of the portal row and problem is solved.

It IS possible, however to simulate a portal inside a portal with a popover. In the latter case, you locate the portal outside of the portal, use a regular button inside of the portal row to open that popover. The button's script has to do two things: Update a match field needed for the popover's portal to work using data from the portal row record and use go to object to actually open the portal. You do the latter by assigning an object name to the popover panel and set a "hide condition" on the popover button that is always true so that the popover button is always hidden.

But from what I see in your screen shot, this is not something that you need for your current problem. Just wanting to make the point that you can create the functional effect of a portal inside a portal with a bit of creativity.

• 4. Re: Popover refresh
                globe11123

Thanks guys.

I've found that the information on the popover wasn't from the correct TO.

So I've put the popover inside the portal and now its referencing it correctly. Cheers