9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 4:11 PM by keywords

Highlight CSS in Warm Blue theme

taylorsharpe

I have a client that is using the Warm Blue theme and likes it.  But when you click in a field, the default highlight color isn't what they want.  I know I can go to the Appearance tab in Inspector and change the "In Focus" to a different background color.  But I am not certain how to change the highlight color for when you highlight text in the field.  Actually, the highlight color seems to change based on different background and text color selections as if FileMaker is trying to figure it out for you.  However, I would like to be able to set that highlight color to something specific and I know it is just in the CSS somewhere.  I've figured out that the default text blue gives a highlight they don't like, but a black font gives the light blue highlight they prefer.  They just want that highlight that goes with the black text to go with the blue text.  Is there are way of changing the default highlight colors or is it just what you get with a theme?  And if this is something really complicated, we're not going to get into low levels of hacking on FileMaker layouts.  I just wanted to know if there is an easy way to control it or not. 

As an example, below is a zip field and the top one is the default that I have selected so it is in the In Focus state.  I changed the In Focus State text to a slightly darker color (close to black or real dark blue) and go back to browser and you can see the highlight color is now a light blue where as above it is a very very faint pinkish.  The customer wants the text color on top, but the highlight color on bottom for the whole theme. 

highlight.jpg