2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 2:15 PM by RobKlengler

New Window in script puts window on a different display

RobKlengler

The focus window fills my external 1080p monitor. This New Window script step puts the new window on my MacBook Pro internal display:

New Window [Style: Document; Name: "windowname"; Height: 400; Width: 900; Top: 120; Left: 200 ]

When I make Left zero, it stays on the 1080p monitor. As soon as Left over 100, the window opens in another monitor. Since I have 1920 pixels, it certainly isn't running out of space.

I've tried Document Window and Floating Document Window.

There appear to be no other options to try. Any ideas?

2015 MacBook Pro with two external 1080p displays

Filemaker Pro 14.0.6

• 1. Re: New Window in script puts window on a different display
          TSGal

RobKlengler:

Thank you for your post.

Where are the monitors positioned?  Left and Right?  Top and Right?  Are top edges aligned?

Create a new layout with a button that executes the script step:

Show Customer Dialog [ "Top: " & Get ( WindowTop ) ; "Left: " & Get ( WindowLeft ) ]

Place the window on different monitors and click the button.  This will give you values for the different monitors.  This may provide a clue to what is happening.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: New Window in script puts window on a different display
            RobKlengler

Thanks! The monitor is to the left, and all I had to do is use negative locations, i.e. Left: -1000. Since the external displays are taller than the built-in display of the MacBook Pro, Top: 0 puts the new window in line with the top of the built-in display. Now that I know what is relative to what, it can be calculated.

Thanks again.