1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2016 11:05 AM by TSGal

Timestamp function behaviour is inconsistent when parameters are empty

Malcolm

Timestamp ( date ; time ).

The Timestamp function returns different results when parameters are empty.

If a valid date is provided and time is empty the function returns an empty string.

If a valid time is provided and the date is empty or zero the function returns a question mark.

If the date and the time are empty the function returns an empty string.

The workaround for this is to ensure that the parameters presented to the function is never empty. The data is tested and if it is missing, we can supply the minimum value instead. For Date, the minimum value is 1. For Time, the minimum value is 0.  I think the function should be performing the substitution automatically.

• 1. Re: Timestamp function behaviour is inconsistent when parameters are empty
          TSGal

Malcolm:

Thank you for your post.

The Help for the "Timestamp" function doesn't mention that the two parameters need to be valid.  I have sent this information to the manager of our product documentation.

As far as the substitution, I recommend that you post this request to our Product Ideas board at:

Product Ideas

The Product Ideas board is monitored by Product Management and Development.  All suggestions are read, discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.